Spiced Apple Sangria
Let’s be thankful for fresh blooms & seasonal sangria this year!
Bring the taste of Fall to your family, friendsgiving or virtual Thanksgiving this year. Whatever way you choose to celebrate, you will be thankful for this wine-filled beverage to get you in the holiday spirit. In Upstate New York, apple season means Fall is here & the leaves are ready to change. Born and raised in N.Y. our Content Coordinator, Mercedes wanted to bring a taste of her home down South this season with her Spiced Apple Sangria recipe. Using 2 of our favorite wines we have in the shop & styling it with some fresh blooms from our walk-in cooler, she created this tasteful beverage perfect for a Thanksgiving feast at home or away.
How to make Spiced Apple Sangria:
- Cut your apples and oranges into slices, some will go
into the sangria while a couple can go into the glasses
that you use.
- Pour both bottles of wine into your glass bowl and
stir it with a ladle.
- Pour in your apple cider and orange juice and stir in
with your wine. (If you are adding Brandy, add it now)
- Place a handful of Star Anise in to bowl, your cloves,
ground cinnamon and a few cinnamon sticks in. Add
to taste, making sure your sangria has a good spice to
it then stir everything together.
- Place orange and apple slices on top in the bowl.
(Do not mix)
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until
ready to serve.(The longer you keep it cold the more the spices will settle in the wine, creating a stronger spice.)
Once you are ready to serve, give your sangria a good stir. If you’d like to garnish your bowl or glasses with floral, cut off the heads of your flowers and add these to the top of your bowl as a garnish or cut a slit in them to garnish the glasses.
* Gift Option: Staying home for Thanksgiving or spending it virtually? Grab a few large mason jars and create sangria to-go. Drop off at the doorstep of your family, friends or coworkers so you all can enjoy this tasty beverage!
You are now ready for dinner with a beverage to compliment your delicious Thanksgiving meal!