Available now for delivery or pick-up.
Friday, March 17th is St. Patrick’s Day — a day when the whole world turns green. As they say…
“Everyone’s Irish on March 17th.”
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines “luck” as a force that brings good fortune or adversity. It’s certainly a word we seem to throw around a lot. If a football hits the goal post we say the kicker was unlucky. When someone wins the lottery we celebrate their luckiness. Is there really any substance to this phenomenon we call “luck”? That answer is as different as the people you ask. But one thing seems true, you either believe in luck, or you don’t. And it’s funny how quickly your perception changes when your luck does. 😉
Did you know these St. Paddy’s facts?
- St. Patrick wasn’t Irish. – He was actually born in Wales or Scotland depending on which scholar you talk to.
- March 17th is the date of St. Patrick’s death, not his birthday.
- St. Patrick was kidnapped by Irish raiders at the age of 16 and sold into slavery. He spent many years in Ireland herding sheep and learning about the people there.
- The color most commonly associated with St. Patrick is blue, not green. He is shown wearing blue vestments in many artists depictions.
- The Shamrock (4 leaf clover) has been touted by many to represent faith, hope, and love, among other things but it was actually used by St. Patrick to demonstrate the trinity — how 3 things could exist in one thing. The pagan rulers of Ireland totally bought it, they converted quickly to Christianity.
- The shamrock while a popular Irish symbol, is not the symbol of Ireland. As early as the medieval period, the harp has appeared on Irish gravestones and manuscripts.
- Your odds of finding a four-leaf clover are about 1 in 10,000. Talk about lucky.
Flowers for St. Patrick’s Day?
You might not think of St. Patrick’s Day as a floral holiday, but sending flowers is a great way to say thank you to your Lucky Charm! Maybe your significant other or a best friend who has stuck by your side through thick and thin. How about that last-minute babysitter who makes escape nights possible? Is there someone who makes you feel lucky? Let them know today with a floral thank-you!
In Bloom Florist is available for all of your floral, gift giving, wedding and event needs… Call 407-608-7474 or click here today.