Valentine’s Day 2021 is on Sunday, February 14th. It will look a lot different this year, but that just means it’s time to get intimate with your significant other, or your loved ones for the holiday. No need to get dressed up and go out on the town when you can stay at home, go to a local park, or have a date night in your backyard! We had some of our In Bloom couples tell us what their ideal Valentine’s Day setup would be. Whether you prefer to movie and chill, camp out in a tent, have brunch in, or even a picnic outside, we came up with some awesome ideas and local companies to help get your Valentine’s plans started!
1. Movie Night In
“Netflix and chill” was deemed as a typical date-night-in since 2009. We all do it, we all love it. Dani & Ben decided this would make the perfect Valentine’s date for them. Ordering in their favorite food from Domu, snagging a bag of Project Pop & throwing on New Girl is their typical Saturday night. We helped make their plans a little more romantic by designing a couple of fresh floral arrangements & sprinkling rose petals around for effect. Throw on some mood-light and you’ll have yourself a true movie date night, fit for an intimate Valentine’s Day. Listed below are Dani & Ben’s recommendations:
1. Fresh Floral Arrangements: Roses make a sentimental impact on Valentine’s Day, we designed a tropical take to the traditional red rose arrangement with our Cherry Crush arrangement. Paired well with our Vino + Valentine gift box featuring Maitland Chocolate Factory‘s chocolate-covered strawberries and Floriography Blooming Red wine.
2. Local Takeout: Support local this Valentine’s Day by ordering in from your favorite restaurant. There are a ton of food delivery services out there, so go ahead and support the local community as well as treating your loved one to a night in, without having to go out. One of Dani’s favorite local eateries is Domu – local to the Orlando area and well-known for their Kimchi Butter wings, you can’t go wrong!
3. Movie Snacks: Popcorn is a movie night staple, so why not go local with it? We love Project Pop! Loaded with flavor, this organic, non-GMO, vegan popcorn is unique and made with a purpose for everyone to enjoy. Dani & Ben tried out their limited edition 24k Gold Pop and let’s just say, “A Pop of Gold”, is an understatement.
2. Camping at Home or a Local Spot
Is your Valentine more of a “get-outdoors-and-go-on-an-adventure” type of date? Create your own campsite in your backyard, or get away from the city to sleep under the stars by visiting a local campsite like Wekiwa Springs, Yates Campsite, Lake Louisa State Park & more! Mercedes & Ethan’s ideal date is going camping wherever they can set up their tent and bring the dogs with them. An easy way to make it more intimate: decorate around your campsite with their favorite plants and a fresh floral wrap. Mercedes is the type of date who says she doesn’t want flowers or anything romantic (except she does) but don’t be fooled, everyone loves a good surprise (especially her). Here is a list of must-have items to create a fun, romantic Valentine’s weekend camping experience:
1. Fresh Wrap & Plants: Some people are flower fanatics and some are plant lovers, we have options for both this Valentine’s Day! We recommend ordering a fresh floral wrap like our Sunflowers & Roses Wrap and pop them into your camping thermos or canteen. You also can’t go wrong with plants in the outdoors, our Perfectly Pink Aglaonema and Blooming Love Orchid make the perfect Valentine for any type of plant lover.
2. Local Brews: Mercedes and Ethan’s go-to camping beverage is a nice cold beer. Working at local SoDo brewery, Rockpit Brewing, Mercedes has grown to love their take on sour beers, especially the Velvet Whispers: a delicious Raspberry Chocolate sour. Some other local breweries we love are Orlando Brewing, Redlight Redlight & many more! Go ahead, grab a 4-pack for your loved one, not all dates prefer wine and bubbly.
3. Campfire Necessities: Sitting by the fire and roasting marshmallows in the ultimate camping pass time. Mercedes said she could eat a whole bag of marshmallows, especially if they are Wondermade! These hand-crafted marshmallows are made locally in Sanford & we promise you, it’s worth the drive.
3. Picture Perfect Picnic
Instagram-worthy picnics are trending and we are here for it! Creating a picturesque picnic is romantic, fun, and a great way to get outdoors. Grab your favorite snacks, flowers, blankets, and DIY your picnic set up in your backyard like Angela & Spencer or visit a local park like Lake Eola or Lake Ivanhoe Park. They both love being outside and experiencing new places together, so this date idea was the most ideal. We set this picnic scene up for their ultimate Valentine’s experience but if you aren’t into doing all of the work, there are plenty of local picnic setup services in Orlando like Orlando Picnic, Instapicnic & more! Check below to see how to have the picnic of your dreams:
1. Fresh Floral: Hand-picking out single flawless stems is perfect for the simple romantic like Angela. We paired fresh roses with eucalyptus to make this picnic setting simple and elegant. Don’t be afraid to sprinkle some extra rose petals down to provide an even more romantic touch. Looking for something non-traditional and a bit more colorful? Our Charming Garden arrangement has a variety of vibrant colored roses, creating a charming picnic for your special someone.
2. Favorite Wine: A picnic would not be complete without your favorite vino. Our favorite Floriography Rosé is a perfect match. More of a white wine drinker? Blooming White is refreshing and delicate.
3. Charcuterie Board: When thinking of the perfect picnic snack, Spencer’s only option was a charcuterie board with a variety of meats, cheeses, olives, and fruit! We created ours, but you don’t have to! Order a charcuterie board from a local eatery like La Femme Du Fromage and let them create a decadent charcuterie board for you.
4. Sunday Brunch At Home
It is very convenient that Valentine’s Day falls on a Sunday this year! Brunch day makes the perfect date for you and a loved one, a group of your closest friends, or even the whole family! Brooke, Tyler, and their little ones love spending Sunday mornings together around the table, so this Valentine’s date makes the perfect family bonding experience. Create your favorite brunch bites at home or order-in from local companies! See below for Valentine’s Day brunch necessities:
1. Fresh Floral: Opt-in for a big beautiful arrangement for your table, like the Pink Passion, to gaze at over breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Once the kids take a nap, surprise your special someone with a romantic Vino + Valentine box which comes with the perfect red rose centerpiece, wine, or bubbly and chocolate-covered strawberries.
2. Brunch Beverages: Mimosas and coffee, please! Our Vino + Valentine box can come custom ordered with the perfect bubbly for a mimosa bar at home. Looking for local coffee companies? Brooke found the perfect Colombia blend at Ligature Coffee!
3. Brunch Food & Snacks: Donuts are the way to the kid’s heart for sure. One of our favorite local donut shop, Shaka Donuts, gave the kids (& parents) a great sugar rush with their variety of topping and flavors. Brooke, Tyler, and the kids also made homemade muffins to give themselves a fun activity for the whole family to participate in!
Once you have your ideal Valentine’s date planned out, don’t forget to pick out the perfect fresh floral & gifts!